Most businesses use IT Systems to collect, manage or store data of individuals. Get your IT systems right, and GDPR becomes a lot easier to manage.
Your priority now is to carry out an audit of all the IT systems you use to handle the personal data of individuals. From your internal CRM to your HR system to your email marketing software, all of it needs to be assessed for GDPR compliance.
We can carry out this audit for you. The advantages of using Hero IT Support to assess your exisiting systems are:
- We’re experts in IT systems with 10+ years of experience of encryption and data systems
- We also advise on business technology, meaning we can suggest and implement the right solutions for your business, ensuring your processes are end-to end compliant with minimal disruption
Non-compliance can end up in big fines. Take a health check of your IT systems today and make sure you’re compliant in May.
The role of encryption
The GDPR sets out data security principles including: fairness, lawfulness and transparency; purpose limitation; data minimization; data quality; security, integrity and confidentiality.
You must ensure that personal data is processed in a manner that ensures its security, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Meaning cyber attacks, malware, disasters or lost devices, amongst a host of other scenario.
Encrytion is one of the security measures recommended by the regulation which can be used to achieve data protection, alongside:
- pseudonymization of personal data
- the ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of systems and services processing personal data
- the ability to restore the availability of and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident
- a process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring personal data processing security
We already encrypt all of our clients’ data in case of attacks, and we have 10 + years experience of doing it. If you need help with your data encryption, get in touch today.
We take GDPR seriously
Ragnar is the Director of Hero IT Support and has been for over 10 years after graduating The University of Sussex with a BSc in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. Ragnar originally set up the company as Fitsystems Ltd and rebranded to Hero IT Support in September 2017. To see why he rebranded the company, click here.
Over the years, Ragnar has developed an expertise in software development, data security and encryption. He is also an active public speaker and business technology partner alongside being a GDPR practitioner, which helps our existing customers feel safe and compliant when it comes to data and IT.
Ragnar’s mission for Hero IT Support is to continuously improve and optimise businesses with the latest and leading technology. He aims to for us to become technology partners to every customer. His passion for technology means reducing downtime and saving money for our customers is a priority. To find out more about who we are and what we do, read about us.